A half shaft, also called a driver axle or constant velocity (CV) axle, is a key component of mechanical products and is used to transmit power to tires, so as to drive the whole vehicle forward. As it is a key part of power transmission, it has high performance requirements for forged products, which can meet both high-strength load and sufficient service life. In this design of the half shaft die, the blank is made by the open die forging process, then the final shape is made on the closed die forging process using the forging hammer.
(1) After heating the bar to 1100 ℃ ~ 1150 ℃, use open die forging process or flat forging machine to forge the bar into intermediate blank;
(2) After heating the intermediate blank to 1150 ℃ ~ 1200 ℃, place it in the upper forging die of the axle half shaft die;
(3) Driven by the hammer head of the die forging hammer, the upper die is hit on the intermediate blank placed in the lower die under the guidance of the lock catch, forcing the intermediate blank to fill the cavity, and finally forming after multiple forging, with the final forging temperature not less than 950℃;
(4) Use a hammer or other external force to push the driving rod, convert the horizontal force into the upward force through the ejector rod, and push out the half shaft in the lower die;
(5) After the half axle is removed, pull out the driving rod, and the top rod falls back to complete a working cycle.
(1) Due to the process of forging by hammer after blank making and trimming at last, the surface quality of forged half shaft is good, the dimension is stable, and there is no flash or burr left.
(2) Because the ejector is designed in the die, the problem that the long rod parts can not be produced by die forging on the hammer is effectively solved.
(3) The die structure is novel, the service life is long, the process adaptability is strong, the design is simple, the operation is convenient, the production efficiency is high, the mechanical automation production is convenient, and the production cost is greatly reduced.